miscellinous cartoon
miscellinous cartoon

Justice: Pakistani Hanged For Raping, Killing 7-Year-Old Girl

A Pakistani who also was a serial killer was executed at a prison in Lahore after a court dismissed a petition for his public hanging filed by the father of a seven-year-old girl, who was raped and murdered by the convict, Imran Ali.
Imran , who was convicted for the rape and murder of the minor girl in the city of Kasur, some 50 km from Lahore earlier this year, was hanged to death in Kot Lakhpat Central Jail, Pakistan.

Ali was executed in the presence of both Magistrate Adil Sarwar and the girl's father. It's also reported, the girl's uncle was also present at the jail.

An ambulance had also arrived at the jail, accompanied by a brother of the convict as well as two of his friends carry the body after execution.

A two-member Lahore High Court bench comprising Justice Sardar Shamim Ahmed and Justice Shahbaz Rizvi on Tuesday dismissed the plea of the father of the girl, seeking public hanging of Imran.

In January last, police arrested Imran two weeks after he raped and killed the minor girl and threw her body into a garbage dump in Kasur.

The incident triggered nation-wide street protests in Pakistan with people demanding a harsh punishment for the 23-year-old accused, Imran. Violent protests in Kasur city following her murder also claimed two lives.

An anti-terrorism court here last week ruled that Imran's executionwill be carried out on October 17 at Lahore's Central Jail.

Imran, a resident of Kasur, was accused of being involved in at least nine incidents of rape-cum-murder of minors. The court has given its verdict in five cases.

Imran's counsel had also requested the court to allow a live telecast of the hanging inside the jail. The court did not agree and dismissed the plea of counsel.

Contingents of police and anti-riot forces surrounded Kot Lakhpat jail at the time of Imrani's hanging.

Talking to the media after the execution, the father regretted that the authorities did not allow the live telecast of the hanging.

"My daughter would have been seven years, two months old today," he said. "Her mother is devastated from grief."

He also thanked the chief justice of Pakistan and said that the "murderer had met his fate".